Sunday, April 14, 2013
First year lessons
2. Kids are full of poop and snot and piss and spit. Get over it - they're disgusting, so you will be too.
3. Kids love adventure - throw them in the air or spin them around and they're happy (you won't drop them).
4. Forget about "me time." Period.
5. All of your time is kid time. So just settle in for a long hour of Sesame Street without complaining.
7. When you try to distract him from something, he'll only be interested in what you're trying to distract him from.
8. If you worry too much, you'll drive yourself crazy. Kids will fall down. Bruises will heal.
9. Sometimes it's easier to give your child what he wants than cause a temper tantrum.
10. Every time there is a temper tantrum, I'm thankful for my husband being here to help me. It takes a village. It truly does.